It was just a normal game of tug-o-war in the backyard when Chief suddenly lunged at his owner’s feet, growling and snarling. It happened so quick, the owner fell backwards and was unable to process what was going on. But then he noticed Chief shaking and flinging around a long, thin thing in his mouth. It wasn’t the rope used for tug-o-war.
It’s important to get the dog to the vet within an hour of the bite. The sooner they can inject the anti-venom, the better.
If you live in an area with a lot of rattlesnakes, it would be a good idea to get your dog vaccinated against the venom.
Share this to help prevent potential problems. 🙂